Walk "The Occupied Wawel Castle: New Architecture and Function"

2022-03-19, 11:00 a.m.
Red graphics with the inscriptions
A-
A+

As early as October 1939, Germans renamed Wawel Castle to Krakauer Burg. The former seat of Polish kings became the residence of Governor-General Hans Frank and the place where his numerous administration worked and lived. What was the purpose of each of the Wawel buildings? How were existing facilities upgraded to accommodate new functions? What important events shaped the lives of the castle's new residents and who played a significant role in protecting the historic fabric of the Wawel Hill?

Guide: Robert Adamczak – curator of the Wawel Royal Castle, author of educational studies about the history of the Wawel Castle during World War II

Duration: approximately 90 minutes

Attendance free. Sign-ups apply: warsztaty@mck.krakow.pl

Registration for the event has been completed.

×
added to cart:

continue shopping go to cart